I have a small netbook that failed to boot its operating system. I am trying to boot an XP operating system (downloaded as Iso file) using an 8GB MicroSD. I have tried many methods to produce bootable MicroSD. To mention the two:
1. Windows own tool to produce bootable operating system: it fails to load the Iso file, claims as not a valid iso file.
2. Manually formating the MiscroSD and trasfer the virual Drive (by virutally putting into drive) into the MSD: as explained in here (http://www.groovypost.com/howto/howto/create-a-windows-bootable-install-sd-card-or-usb-flash-drive/). This corrupted the MSD and failed to propertly format it. So, impossible to transfer the contents fo the virual disk
1. Format the MiscroSD using advanced formatting tool ( https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/). You need to use the advanced formatting tool only if you have problem of formatting the disk, like I do.
2. Extract the contents of the iso file using 7zip
3. Burn the extracted contents of the iso file into the MiscorSD using WinToFalsh (http://wintoflash.com/download/en/)